Cycling in Tenerife in Spring, from March

Cycling in Tenerife in Spring, from March

Starting from March, the temperatures in Tenerife during spring will average 23°C, with the warmest weather usually found on the south side of the Island. In general, there is much less cloud around compared to winter, with around 8 hours of sunshine a day. Sea temperatures will also be just perfect for swimming, with average temperatures of 20°C. That’s why Tenerife is the best place for cycling in March and spring in general. 

The Island offers several pathways, that are suitable for beginners, intermediate, and professionals cyclists. 

Let’s see why Tenerife is the best place for cycling in spring and in March.

What is the temperature in Spring? 

Tenerife has just the best weather for cycling in spring. In March, the weather is pretty mild, but it’s a good idea to bring with you a jumper or light jacket for the evenings. The average daily maximum is 24°C and the average daily minimum is 15°C.

In Tenerife in winter you can expect sunny and dry days, as well as warm temperatures.

Also, there is a 68% chance of a perfect sunny day and a 32% chance of seeing some clouds, with on average 1mm of rainfall this month.

Roads and trails

The roads are simply superb in Tenerife. Nearly all routes have been recently re-laid and so the climbs and descents are super smooth and enjoyable to ride.

In addition, most of the cycling routes are just free of cars, and of other tourists. Moreover, in March you will find some other groups of cyclist training for trails, or just cycling around to enjoy the best weather conditions of the year. 

In March you will be able to go cycling during the morning, having a swim at the beach around lunchtime, and get some rest after the sunset, at around 6pm. Just the perfect cycling holidays, isn’t it? 


Scenic road winding up Teide volcano, perfect for cycling in Tenerife during Spring.

How to organize your cycling holiday in Tenerife

Tenerife has two airports, one in the north and one in the south. Both of them have good connection flights to and from the main European cities, and there are several low cost airlines flying almost daily to and from the island.

If you would like more information about cycling in Tenerife, or would be interesting in an unforgettable Cycling Tour around the island, please contact us, and we would be happy to help.

Established in 2015, Cycling in Tenerife was built on a handshake and a couple of beers, after two friends, had completed a three-day excursion in south of Tenerife. We are experts of the island, and we can offer also personalized tour for single travelers or groups!